Our mission in Women’s Ministries is to equip and encourage women of all seasons of life to pursue a daily relationship with Jesus Christ, to grow in God’s Word and to be open to the leading of the Holy Spirit. The goal is for women to outwardly demonstrate God’s truth to the world by living lives that are biblically accurate, personally pure, family-centered, evangelically bold and socially responsible because of the existence of Jesus Christ in their life.
Not only is our goal to encourage women to pursue a relationship with Jesus Christ but to provide opportunities for women to cultivate friendships with other women. To accomplish our goals we offer a variety of ministry opportunities. Below are descriptions of our Bible study, enrichment opportunities, and a few of our Special Events.
- Two Circles of Friendship meet monthly from September-May.
Programs include Bible study, White Cross donations, providing Health Care Kits for Church World Service, our Pastel Auction for misssion, caring fellowship and more.
- Fall bazaar workshops are held every other year with lots of crafting, baking, etc.
- Cards for a Cause provides fellowship while learning to create cards and also an outreach to a nursing facility to patients without family members.
- Weekly morning bowling group.
- Spring Fling Women & Girl’s Banquet in May.
- United Women’s Council Meetings are very popular and meet twice a year.
- Outreach to our missionaries.
- RI American Baptist Women gather together for fellowship, Bible Study, worship and workshops. These are held in the Fall (Spiritual Retreat), late winter (Mission focus) and for the June annual conference at the Canonicus Camp & Conference Center in Exeter.
Rebekah Circle – Meets every third Monday at 7:00 pm.
Hannah/Ruth Circle – Meets every third Wednesday at 9:30am.
For information and meeting place – consult the monthly broadcaster or call the church office.
Our women’s groups are associated with:
American Baptist Women’s Ministries of Rhode Island
American Baptist Women’s Ministries (our national organization) and American Baptist Women in Ministry