Our mission in Women’s Ministries is to equip and encourage women of all seasons of life to pursue a daily relationship with Jesus Christ, to grow in God’s Word and to be open to the leading of the Holy Spirit. The goal is for women to outwardly demonstrate God’s truth to the world by living lives that are biblically accurate, personally pure, family-centered, evangelically bold and socially responsible because of the existence of Jesus Christ in their life.
Not only is our goal to encourage women to pursue a relationship with Jesus Christ but to provide opportunities for women to cultivate friendships with other women. To accomplish our goals we offer a variety of ministry opportunities. Below are descriptions of our Bible study, enrichment opportunities, and a few of our Special Events.
- Two Circles of Friendship meet monthly from September-May.
Programs include Bible study, White Cross bandage rolling, and gift bags for shut-ins, restaurants and movies.
- “Needle workers” knitting groups work on items for the fall bazaar, also knit caps for infants, prayer shawls, etc.
- Quilting Group meets regularly in church.
- Weekly morning bowling group.
- Holiday Bazaar workshops meet until upcoming Fall Bazaar.
- February Bake Sale: Proceeds used for mission and outreach.
- Women’s Sunday: Women of the church lead worship service.
- Mother/Daughter Banquet in May.
- United Women’s Council Meetings are very popular
and meet twice a year.
- Our local mission project is South Providence Neighborhood Ministries.
- RI American Baptist Women gather together each spring and fall at one church for a state meeting.
There is also a statewide Winter Spiritual Retreat and a June conference held each year at the Canonicus Conference Center in Exeter, RI
Rebekah Circle – Meets every third Monday at 7:00 pm.
Hannah/Ruth Circle – Meets every third Wednesday at 9:30am.
For information and meeting place – consult the monthly broadcaster or call the church office.
American Baptist Women’s Ministries of Rhode Island
American Baptist Women’s Ministries and American Baptist Women in Ministry
are planning in partnership a second Cruise event to the Bahamas, September 15-18, 2017. The cruise is open to all American Baptist women and their friends and loved ones. Departing from Port Canaveral (Orlando), Florida, on the Royal Caribbean “Majesty of the Seas,” the cruise will stop at Grand Bahama Island and Coco Cay. In addition to the regularly scheduled cruise programming, “Sisters on the Sea: Relax, Relate, Renew” will feature Morning Matins (devotional times), Sisters on the Sea gatherings of biblical reflection and conversation, meals together, and Late Night Litanies, a time each evening to give thanks and praise to God. Special cabin rates are in effect until January 22. For more information click on the following link: